8 Ways to Unlock Your Potential
Do you wonder why you haven’t accomplished more with your life? Do you feel that you have great potential locked up inside of you? Most adults feel this way. No one ever truly reaches their potential, but it’s discouraging that so many of us never even scratch the surface of our potential. Are you ready to find out what you can do? Find out what you’re capable of accomplishing:
1. Be bold. This is the number one tip for unleashing your potential in the world. Your limited achievements are likely because you’re timid. If you were out there doing your best each day, you’d be too busy piling up successes to read an article like this. Stop caring about the opinions of others and show the world what you’ve got.
2. Have bold goals. To live up to your potential, you need goals. Plans provide a direction for your energy and effort. Practical purposes are motivating, which is great if you’re going to set bold goals! Avoid overwhelming yourself. Goals should be bold but not overwhelming.
3. Combine your strengths and interests. Do you care about maximizing your chess-playing potential if you don’t enjoy playing chess? You’ll have the most potential in the areas where you show natural strength and have a high level of interest. What are you good at that you also enjoy?
4. Get expert assistance. Some of the leading experts in the world still have a coach or mentor. The right mentor can help you to reach your potential faster than you can do it alone. Spend the time necessary to find a good mentor. It’s like putting your progress on the fast track.
5. Make progress each day. A small amount of progress, accumulated over time, can result in amazing progress. Avoid overwhelming yourself by setting a schedule or goals that you can’t maintain. But, be sure to make some progress each day. The amount of progress you can make in a year would be staggering.
6. Develop habits that help you accomplish your goals. Keeping with the same theme of making progress each day, your habits are those things you do each day. An effective set of habits all but guarantees success. Examine your goals and determine the habits that would make success likely. The hardest job you have is creating habits. Once the right habits are in place, there’s little else to worry about. Create an effective routine and stick with it.
7. Determine your obstacles. There’s always something in the way. It might be a lack of time, money, or other resource. Maybe you have a spouse that demands a lot of your time. Maybe you live in the wrong place. After all, it’s not easy to maximize your surfing skills in the centre of the country. Create a plan for dealing with your obstacles. What can you do to overcome them, or at least minimize them? What do you need? What do you need to stop doing? How can you alter your life to make success more likely?
8. Expect success. If you expect failure, you’re bound to fail. Why not give yourself the benefit of the doubt and expect good things? If you have solid goals, good habits, and a smidge of discipline, there’s no reason to doubt yourself. Making a few decisions, acting boldly, and finding a mentor are just a few of the things you can do to unlock your potential. Make today the day you start living at your highest level. What are you waiting for?
Joe describes how habits and experiences shape us over time. [2:40]
Joe speaks on the relationship between your body and the unconscious mind. [12:10]
Joe details the power meditation can have on the way you think and live. [16:20]
Joe and Tom discuss the roadblocks of creating long-term change. [23:03]
Joe explains how epigenetics contribute to change. [27:40]
Joe tells the impact he wants to have on the world. [30:46]
“Emotions are the end product of past experiences.” [3:20]
“The best way to predict your future is to create it, not from the known but from the unknown. What thoughts do you want to fire and wire in your brain? What behaviors do you want to demonstrate in one day? The active rehearsing, then mentally closing your eyes and rehearsing the action.” [13:15]
“The moment you start feeling abundant and worthy, you are generating wealth. The moment you’re empowered and feel it, you’re beginning to step towards your success. The moment you start feeling whole, your healing begins and when you love yourself and you love all of life, you will create an equal and now you’re causing an effect.” [14:57]
“Knowledge is power, but knowledge about yourself is self-empowerment.” [24:10]
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
“Play by the rules, but be ferocious.” – Phil Knight
Crucial Constructs Academy Overview and Review
Table of Contents