Email marketing has been around forever, and for a good reason. It’s the most direct and effective way of connecting with your leads, nurturing them, and turning them into customers, consistently winning out over all other marketing channels.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the entire process of setting up your email marketing funnel so that you can acquire leads and generate sales 24/7.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the highly effective digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers. Effective marketing emails convert prospects into customers, and turn one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans.
This guide is for those who’re ready to commit to email marketing. If you’re unsure, you may want to read our guide on why you need to build an email list RIGHT NOW!
This is a long and detailed guide, so we’ve broken it down into different sections; you can get to using the links in the Table of Contents below.
By using this definitive guide, you’ll know:
- How to build an email list full of targeted customers.
- How to optimize your emails for the highest open rates and click-through rates (CTR).
- How to automate the process of nurturing your leads and turning prospects into customers.
Here are the most comprehensive guide to email marketing on the entire internet according to optinmonster.com
The Importance of Email Marketing
We’ve covered the biggest question of what email marketing is, but we haven’t gotten into why email marketing is essential for your business. Let’s talk about that now.
Despite the rise of social media and unsolicited spam email (which is never a good marketing strategy, by the way), email remains the most effective way to nurture leads and boost customer loyalty.
There are many reasons you should make email marketing one of your top priorities, but here are the top 3:
1. Email is the #1 communication channel. Did you know that at least 99% of consumers check their email daily? That can’t be said of any other communication channel.
2. You own your list. On any social media platform, your account (along with all your fans and posts) could be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. However, you own your email list. No one can take those leads away from you.
3. Email converts better. People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers. In fact, email marketing has an ROI (returns on investment) of 4400%. That’s huge! And if you are wondering if social media converts even better, think again: the average order value of an email is at least three times higher than that of social media.
Email is simply the best way to make sales online.
How-To: Email Marketing
Wondering how to get started with email marketing? Email marketing is made up of several moving pieces, but that doesn’t mean it has to be complicated. Here’s how it breaks down…
1. Start With Your List: The bottom line is that you can’t send out email marketing campaigns if you have no one to send them to. And the other thing to remember is that email marketing won’t work if you don’t have the right people on your list.
That means you need to capture leads to grow your email list with your target audience. For that, there’s no better tool than OptinMonster:
OptinMonster is the world’s #1 lead generation software. We empower businesses to create stunning opt-in campaigns in a matter of minutes with zero coding skills required.
Then, using our highly advanced targeting rules, you can display these campaigns to the right people at just the right time in their customer journey.
As a result, you can drastically grow your list with quality leads and see huge increases in your company’s profits. Plus, OptinMonster integrates with over 30 of the most popular email service providers.
This leads us to our next step…
2. Add an Email Service Provider: An email service provider (ESP) lets you segment your audience, organize your list, and distribute email campaigns to your audience. You can also track the results to improve future campaigns.
A good ESP should integrate with your other marketing tools so you can turn everything on autopilot as you grow your leads.
There are many email service providers out there, but we take the guesswork out and make it really easy to choose the right one for you and your goals. A bit later in this guide, we’ll list our favorite ESPs that you can choose from.
After those two steps, it’s just a matter of refining your lists and messaging, so you’re reaching your audience and really connecting with them. Plus, you’ll be able to set up some automation in your email service, which will make things much easier for you.
Ready to jump in? Let do it!
Growing Your Email List
Most people do when they want to build an email list to put an opt-in form on their website and hope that people sign up. Unfortunately, this strategy usually doesn’t work very well.
To grow your email list, you need to attract people with a compelling offer. It would be best if you had a lead magnet.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet (a.k.a. an opt-in bribe) is something awesome that you give away for free in exchange for an email address. It doesn’t have to cost you anything to create; most lead magnets are digital materials like PDFs, MP3 audio files, or videos that you can create yourself at minimal or no cost.
It can be absolutely anything you want, so long as it provides value to your visitors for free.
Some popular lead magnet examples are:
- A cheat sheet of tips or resources
- White papers or case studies
- A webinar
- Free trials or samples
- A free quote or consultation
- Quizzes or a self-assessment
- A coupon
The possibilities are endless!
For even more lead magnet ideas, check out our list of lead magnet ideas to grow your email list.
What Makes a Good Lead Magnet?
You already know that a lead magnet needs to provide value for free. But if you want your lead magnet to be highly effective, here are 5 criteria for you to consider:
1. Easily consumed: Lead magnets are only effective when the audience uses them, so if you deliver a 300-page manifesto, you won’t gain traction.
2. Actionable: Lead magnets need to provide an actionable tool, skillset, or useful information that your audience can apply.
3. Creates noticeable improvement: People continue to buy products and services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become successful if it’s as valuable as your products and services.
4. Relevant: If you’ve done your homework about your prospects, you’ll have no trouble coming up with a lead magnet subject that solves problems.
5. Immediately available: People love instant gratification, so give it to them right then and there. Check out 4 Ways to Deliver a Lead Magnet to see how easy it is to get your lead magnet out there using OptinMonster.
- How to Make Money At Home
- SEO for Ecommerce: How To Increase Organic Search Traffic
- What is a Digital Marketing Funnel: The Stages
- 9 Must-Know Ecommerce Marketing Trends with Examples
- How to build a successful business even when most entrepreneurs never get out of the gate v1.0
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale.”
“Make the customer the hero of your story.”
“Quality over quantity – Emails may be cost-efficient but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience.”
RELATED VIDEO PROGRAMS
ONLINE MARKETING CLASSROOM HELPS BEGINNERS BUILD SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS
RELATED TRAINING PROGRAM
CRUCIAL CONSTRUCTS OVERVIEW
Learn More about the Academy here: Click Here
The Crucial Constructs Academy is a Free Video Training Course Available only to our Readers and Subscribers. A thorough and detailed training available to you. Could you find out more about it here? Click Here
- How To Make $1k On Selling Physical Products
- How To Make $30,000/Month On Affiliate Marketing
- How To Make 4.5 Million Dollars On Selling
- How To Make $500 A Day From Your Shopify Store
BEWARE OF “GET RICH FAST” PROGRAMS!
There is nothing like having your own online business. You make the decisions, and as one song says, you “win or learn.” However, creating your own company can be tricky, especially if you build from the ground up. There will be constant questions that must be answered, such as:
How will we consistently draw in customers? How will we stay up with trends? How will we do all of this and not break the bank? It quickly becomes obvious that one thing is needed above all else-
INFORMATION IS NEEDED
Without accurate facts and data, wrong decisions get made. When a fork in the road comes up, a turn can become a dead end.
What is the most common way to find information right now? If you said, “Google it!” you are right.
Unfortunately, Google isn’t an encyclopedia. It is a place where people upload information and sometimes that information isn’t as reliable as we would like it to be.
In fact, some people put false information online to see what effect it might have.
THE IMPORTANCE OF STRAIGHT FACTS
But if you, as a new business owner, go to Google and receive false answers to your questions, you could lose your business. At the very least, you might lose money, time, or a good reputation.
ONE TYPE OF SCAM
One of the most damaging falsehoods—also known as a scam—is the type that asks for people to “invest” in a company. Then, that company will help the person earn unbelievable amounts of money.
GO FOR HONEST, COMPETENT MENTORS
It takes work to locate mentors and assistants who will help your business take off and do it without taking your shirt.
Our company has people like:
- Simon Coulson
- Paul O’Mahoney
- Barry Plaskow
- Itamar Shafir
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There is no cost! It is FREE! Just click here to join (or copy and paste URL) Biggest Online Marketing Event for Newbies This Year Get Started
ADDITIONAL BONUS RESOURCES
These are some of the bonus resources that will be downloadable that you receive after joining. You will be notified how to pick these up from a specific download location after signing up.
These include Special Reports, ebooks, Ultimate Guides, and checklists. They are usually in pdf format so that they can be viewed on any device.
1. Building the Perfect Sales Funnel
2. Business Branding
4. Facebook Marketing Mania
5. Essential Guide to Sales Funnels
6. Newbies Guide to Setting Up a Sales Funnel
7. The Quintessential Guide to Marketing Ads
MARKET TIMING AS AN ACTIVE INVESTMENT STRATEGY DOES WORK TO IMPROVE YOUR RETURNS
Our Special Report on Market Timing includes 10 sections about how savvy investors use Trend Investing and Market Timing to vastly improve their returns. This report does not show you the step-by-step system, but it explains what Market Timing is and how, when combined with Trend Following, Trend Trading, and Trend Timing, you can vastly improve your returns.
You will learn
- Reasons Why you need to Adopt A Market Trend Timing System
- How a Market Trend Investment Strategy will allow you to Retire Years Earlier than you think you can
- How Money Management Strategies are important for long term success
- And you will get a little advice from the Father of Trend Following Systems
If you would like a copy of this Special Report and our Special Report on Trend Following Strategies, please fill out the request below, and we will send you a pick-up link and some other strategies to know and understand before you select.
FINANCIAL FREEDOM STARTS WITH LEARNING YOUR OPTIONS
Table of Contents