The Biggest Mistake in Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing are paid only on a performance basis, the merchants need to be sure they are doing everything they can to help affiliate conversions and do not do anything to take away from them such as leaks on their site or using technology that overwrites affiliate cookies.
- Affiliate marketing isn’t a quick fix. It’s a slow burn that needs focused attention, and intention, over time to be successful. It can be a huge bon fire, but it takes time.
- You need to diversify your revenue by affiliate as well as your mix. You can’t rely on just a few affiliates to generate your channel’s revenue. You have to be sure you have many affiliates to distribute that revenue and protect your affiliate channel revenue. And you need to work with many different types of publishers to ensure a successful program.
- Affiliate marketing is about relationships. It isn’t a trip you can trigger, an ad campaign you can tweak nor a simple keyword to add. It takes time and attention to develop, strengthen and maintain the relationships that will prove to be profitable.
- Site optimization to ensure your affiliate traffic converts to sales, or whatever action you desire, needs to be a priority for your channel. Affiliates will take their traffic somewhere else if you can’t convert. You also need to shore up any leaks on your site.
- Don’t hide your sale and coupon information in images, provide text. Creative is incredibly valuable to affiliates, but in that bucket, there needs to be lots of text creative.
- Auto-Pilot – You need good, experienced, ambitious and well trained affiliate managers in the captains chair of your affiliate channel. You can’t get the profitable and incremental results you need with no one or someone unqualified.
- Don’t ignore the regulatory and legislative environment of digital marketing. It could affect your affiliate channel and your company greatly. My personal note is this – join the Performance Marketing Association and help them help you!
- Each affiliate is an individual. Don’t treat them as cookie cutter.
- Advertisers undervalue affiliate recruitment more than any other channel. Add focus and intentionality to finding and building relationships with new affiliates.
- Coupon Affiliates are not bottom feeders. Affiliate Window has some great data to share in that regard that I didn’t have space here.
- Most advertisers fail to keep tabs on incremental sales.
The core training section is about how you can easily create your own product either by building on your own strengths or on the skills and expertise of your friends and family. Then they cover in detail the many ways you can market and sell other people’s products which is a traditional affiliate market in today’s world there are many ways in which you can do this. They cover how you can collect viewers’ or customers’ emails and make even more money by sending out newsletters and notifications. There is a comprehensive amount of training which covers much of base for newbies so it gives you a very thorough and also very broad view of the entire field. And you can always go back to it. They have this forum which is worth its weight in gold because just about any question might have is discussed here and usually in detail. They include both over-the-shoulder videos as well as face to face. So they reinforce everything by allowing you to learn in many multiple ways. They have an option for their Clickbank Builder which is a funnel builder and also a website builder. Super useful for all types of marketing and less expensive than many of the other options. You should consider this instead of purchasing this from various other sources.
If you are serious about creating a home-based business or creating financial independence for you or your family, you must consider this option as it has all the right components to not only train you but it also sets our a step by step system that you can follow – which almost every new endeavor benefits from And… It’s a million times cheaper than a brick and mortar business. Learn more about it here!